An overview of on-going research projects at the Department of Anthropology. For current PhD projects and completed research projects see the boxes to the right.
- "After money, what is debt?": Indebted urban poor households in emerging cashless economies (collaborative project, Atreyee Sen, 2018-2021)
- Aging as a Human Condition: Radical Uncertainty and the Search for a Good (Old) Life (collaborative project, Susan Whyte, 2017-2020)
- Biometric Border Worlds (collaborative project, Karen Fog Olwig, 2016-2019)
- Building Stronger Universities (BSU) III - Gulu University, Uganda (capacity building project, Susan and Michael Whyte, 2017-2021)
- COMPASS - Collective Movements and Pathways to Sustainable Societies (collaborative project, Quentin Gausset, 2017-2020). The project site is only in Danish
- Cre-debt: Urban poverty, new credit economies and the global war on cash ( Atreyee Sen, February 2018 - March 2019)
- Centre for Global Criminology ( Henrik Erdman Vigh 2018-2023)
- Emerging Epidemics: Improving Preparedness in Burkina Faso ( Helle Samuelsen 2018-2023)
- Enchanted Ecologies in Scandinavia (Cecilie Rubow 2018-2020)
- Global Europe: Constituting Europe from the outside in through artefacts (collaborative project, Oscar Salemink, 2015-2020)
- HERILIGION: The heritagization of religion and the sacralization of heritage in contemporary Europe (collaborative project, Oscar Salemink, 2016-2019)
- Living Together with Chronic Disease: Informal Support for Diabetes Management in Vietnam (Tine Gammeltoft 2018-2022)
- VITAL. The Vitality of Disease - Quality of Life in the Making (ERC Starting Grant, Ayo Wahlberg, 2015-2020)
- Welfare Technologies in Eldercare (collaborative project, Nete Schwennesen & Line Hillersdal, 2019-2023)
- What is Neighbour Noise? (Hvad er Nabostøj?) (postdoc project, Sandra Lori Petersen, 2018-2021)
The Researcher Groups provide an organisational framework within which existing as well as new research and teaching activities are allowed to grow, adapt and develop.
- Business and Organisation
- Conflict, Power and Politics
- Globalisation and Development
- Health and Life Conditions
- Migration and Social Mobility
- Nature and Environmental Change
- Religion and Subjectivity
- Technology and Political Economy
Current PhD projects
Current PhD projects can be found by clicking on the image.
Finalized projects can be found under publications.